Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Healthcare Services/Insurance

Healthcare Services/Insurance

There is no in-house medical physician at Brookes College, and we are NOT responsible for Students’ health Insurance and other insurance required while studying with us. Our practicum students on placement are temporarily covered by Brookes College’s Workers Compensation policy.

However, an international student with/without a family (including spouse and children)  that plans to reside in Alberta for more than 12 months with a valid study permit, may be eligible to apply for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) after they arrive.

Alberta Health requires applicants to include one of the following documents from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with your application for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage.

Acceptable proof of enrolment documents are:

  • a letter from the Registrar, with the Registrar’s signature or certification
  • a letter of enrolment printed from the college in official letter pad
  • a printout of confirmation of course registration from college

AHCIP inquires or updates

Office hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)

Phone: 780-427-1432

Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)

TTY: 780-427-9999

Toll free TTY: 1-800-232-7215

Fax: 780-422-0102

Email: (for general information or non-personal questions only)

Alberta Health

Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan

PO Box 1360, Station Main

Edmonton, Alberta  T5J 2N3

Please click on  for further details.

Mental Health Services

There is no in-house Mental Health Professional/Doctor at the college. Please click here for further details.

Scroll to Top